Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Hello everyone! Happy Tuesday!
     Today is October 26th. You know what that means? Only five more days until Halloween. boy oh boy. Still, Brittani here has no clue what she is going to dress up as this weekend. Time is definitely slipping away. I am just ALWAYS so last minute. Jeez louise. 

Today's topic: Tattoos

This just in. . .
      Just in case you were still unaware, Tattoos definitely hurt. Surprise! 
I really do want a tattoo. Just a small one. I have actually been wanting it for sometime now. BUT I am absolutely terrible with pain. dun dun dun

I was talking with this boy named Carlos today. He actually JUST got his new tattoo on Monday. It took 6 hours to complete, and I think it looks so good.. 
      The girl he said did it for him is named Jen, and she tattoos in City of Orange. Apparently she is so known and good that he made the appointment for Monday in June. That was the next available opening. Tattoo artists are honestly extremely talented artists who are sometimes just looked right over as 'artists'. Carlos went in with his idea of what he wanted exactly, but once Jen put in her input and what she thought, he realized that the artist usually knows what will work best for the canvas provided. 
When I was talking with Carlos, he was saying how he loves art history. The artwork he chose for his right bicep is definitely a part of the Renaissance Era of art. It has so much detail put into it including the engraving on the top of the cross, the angels' skin and hair particles, and even the softness of the clouds. I think it is really beautiful. I know that I would not be able to handle it. Not at all. hahah Brittani = Big baby.






My friend Jenna Craig got a tattoo actually in the same spot as Carlos did. Her's is something I also very much enjoy. It is a dandelion. I think it is really a simple piece of art, but it can say soooo much. It has so many different meanings that can come out of it. Especially because it has some of the seeds already blowing off.

When asked what it meant to her, she answered that it symbolizes traveling and growth and leaving a piece of her wherever she had gone and whoever she came into contact with.
"I also volunteer a lot, and I always wonder if the little things i've done to help others have grown into something more, but i'll never know." I am really inspired by her statement about the dandelion itself. "Dandelions are weeds so they're resilient and tough, they can grow almost anywhere, and their spores can travel for miles on a strong wind. I saw a lot of myself reflected in dandelions, so why not have one with me forever."
I think the artwork that is on Jenna's arm is beautiful. A beautiful tattoo for a beautiful girl; both inside and out. 

Tattoo artist: Jesse Gazal
Tattoo shop: Riptide Tattoo in West LA


Another friend's tattoo: 

This is a girl I actually grew up with named Melissa Carter. She just got this done when she turned 18 this past weekend. (:
I think that it is really an incredible thing. She got it done to honor and/or in remembrance of her grandmother who sadly passed in 2007 due to ovarian cancer. The official ribbon for ovarian cancer awareness is the teal ribbon. Plus, a little cow print. Presto, a beautiful tattoo with a message behind it that has a touch of uniqueness to it. I really do like it. I think I like it even more because I can relate to the subject matter behind it.  




Tattoo artist: Chriss Burnett
Tattoo shop: Art Junkies in Hesperia



This is my other friend's tattoo. She has a problem. hahah She asked me to keep her nameless. jees louise. I guess not everyone likes to be friends with someone who announces everything of her day into a blog. oh well. hahah well this is it (:


Tattoo artist: Sii Liufau
Tattoo shop: A Town Tattoo

I am really really honored with my brother's tattoos. He has them all over: on his back, ribs, chest, and both full sleeves. The honoring part is the small fact that my name is tattooed on his left wrist and my other brother's name tattooed on his right wrist. When I learned of this, my heart just dropped. I felt so appreciated and incredible that I will always be with him and I obviously mean that much to him. I am his baby sister. 


Tattoo artist: unknown
Tattoo shop location for forearms: Los angeles, Ca
Tattoo shop location for wrists: Afganastan



I really do want my tattoo. It is simple. Just a small christian fish, with Isaiah 58:11 under it. That is really all I have wanted for years. Buuuuttt never will I ever face my fears. I really just do not think I can do it. hah From talking to people about tattoos today, I have learned so much. I learned how much work goes into simply the instruments. For example, the outline is all just one needle and a constant tear. This is what usually hurts the most. If you have a filling like the clouds in Carlos', then 10-15 needles can be used as like an air brush format. More of a scraping I guess you can say. (according to Carlos) I learned that getting a tattoo removed takes about 4 times as long as it did to get the tattoo, and it hurts about 10 times worse. Soooooo be careful with what you decide on. 
We will see. Maybe I will eventually grow my balls you know?

That's all for today then.

Oh! Guess what. Jessica and I got a cookbook today. We are going to pull our own Julie and Julia type of thing and make three meals a week from it. I will be posting it on here every time too. So you can keep up with our progress. I am very excited. (:

Well I will talk to you guys tomorrow!

Fun fact: The continents names all end with the same letter with which they start.

C'est la vie
Ciao for now<3

No comments:

Post a Comment