Thursday, October 28, 2010

Hello! Hey! Howdy! Hi! Hey! Hello!
Welcome back everyone. I deeply apologize for not posting yesterday even though I said I would. Yesterday was such an overwhelming day. I am simply flabbergasted.

Today's topic: Food


This just in. . .
      Every culture has their own kind of food! Who knew right? (; haha So I truly believe that Jessica and I eat the best of everyone in our apartment building. BY FAR. Everyone is living off of top ramen and sandwiches. Buuutt for our lunch today, we made beef and broccoli. ooh la la
    

Delicious right? BETTER than what you can get from the restaurants. (:


Jessica's favorite food in the entire world is called Pho ap chao.

It is a Vietnamese dish. Pho ap chao is a either a thick soft clear wide noodle or crispy egg noodle. It has shrimp, squid, chicken, and beef with the noodles. Also, broccoli, carrots, and bokchoy (chinese broccoli!) Lastly, a good, thick, delicious, unknown sweet, beef sauce is what is is sauteed in. YUM YUM YUM apparently.
Now I must go try it. Gotta try everything at least once! Apparently it is to die for. Who even knew? Jessica secretly is Vietnamese though. (:

Well this is it by the way. 
Pho ap chao 
 |
 |
 |
V




My favorite food is the perfect grilled cheese sandwich.


BUT no no no. Not one that looks like this
 |
V


Oh, but definitely not this one either...
My perfect grilled cheese looks like something along these incredible lines. 


mmmmmmm NOM NOM NOMM

I get everyone I know addicted to these things. Grilled cheese with tomatoes and avocados. Once you have a grilled cheese sandwich Brittani style, You will never go back to your own ways. NEVER. paha


That second kind of grilled cheese sandwich I have a picture of, is called a Grape and Taleggio Grilled Cheese sandwich. Crazy right?
It is best on Rye bread I personally think. Sourdough is second best. The cheese is Taleggio cheese. It is made in Italy’s Lombardy region. Then, to top it off, it is prepared with grapes that are soaked in grappa. Grappa is a grape liqueur. It is actually a really good sandwich. Just a different look. Definitely add it to your list of exotic dishes to dip your toe into. (:


I keep telling my friend who is Indian that I do really want to try Indian food. However, I am NOT good with spicy foods; not at all. Most Indian food is spicy. Therefore, I guess I simply have to suck it up and be a big girl. At least through one meal. I may be crying, but that doesn't mean I don't like it!

Bhelpuri: rice dish with potatoes and a tangy tamarind sauce.
Paneer: unaged, acid-set, non-melting farmer cheese or curd cheese made by curdling heated milk with lemon juice 
Paratha: Indian flat bread
Chutney: word incorporated into English from Hindi describing a pasty sauce in Indian cuisine.

Bhelpuri, navaratan dal, kadai spinach & paneer, shahi pilaf, laccha parantha & mango chutney.


Yes, that slab that looks like chicken, is cheese. Goes with the bread(:

THIS is what I want. 
I need a friend who is Indian so I can come over for dinner and have this. mmm
This will basically just make me satisfied with life. hahah


Canada: canadian- Chinese cuisine


Africa: fruits, cereal grains and vegetables, as well as milk curd, whey, and meat products.



Russia: fish, chicken, turkey, deer, mushrooms, berries, and honey.Agricultural: rye, wheat, and barley.     Prepared: Breads, pancakes, cereals, beer, and vodka. 


Ireland:  crops grown and animals farmed. Potatoes, beef, bacon, and cabbage.


Jamaica: curry goat, fried dumplings, ackee and cod (national dish of Jamaica), steamed cabbage, rice and peas.


China: Rice, noodles, tofu, stir-fried green vegetables, porridge, nuts, plums, dried fruit, melon seeds, and waxberries, and Yellow wine.




Well that is all for now everyone. Thank you for reading!
Just so you all are aware, I may be somewhat distant for the next couple weeks so I apologize if I skip a day here and there. I am simply taking a break from my busy life and trying to focus on the decisions I need to come up with, and the situations I need to deal with. Blogging is what I love and I would rather sit here all day and talk than do anything else. BUT just in case, I thought I'd let my uh "fans" know. huh Thanks again!
Everyone have a great weekend. BE SMART on Halloween! I'll be back on Monday writing to all you partyers out there! Go all out on costumes; what other day of the year can you? (:

Fun fact: Indonesia banned Hula Hoops because they "might stimulate 
passion."

C'est la vie
Ciao for now<3

No comments:

Post a Comment