Thursday, September 9, 2010





Hello again!
      I am happy to have your attention for the next 2 minutes. (:

Today's topic: Change


This just in. . .
      Sometimes, change really is fabulous.
So I stepped foot into the world of college exactly twenty-two days and 3.5 hours and some odd minutes ago. A lot can happen in that time. I went from living with my mom in a 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom house, having a high end job which I absolutely loved, being surrounded by the best friends that are absolutely the greatest people I've come across, and always having my beastly dogs to play with. Basically, I was like her. (:
Now. . . I share an apartment with three other girls. My roommate and I cram our two desks, dressers, and beds into one room and all of each of our clothes into one closet. My best friends are so far away and I came to school knowing no one. I have no job what so ever, and not even my pet fish anymore.
Now i am more like this guy. :P

BUT! Change is good. (:




I used to be enrolled in high school. 
I had hard advanced placement classes. 
All my INSANE teachers would assign paper after paper saying this was how they do it in college! and they would throw out of the blue tests at us before even teaching the material. And never, and I mean NEVER call out an answer with out raising your hand. Stress Stress Stress.


So I came into college expecting the same thing! Now I have classes with teachers who are not TAs, but they are not professors either. They are quite lazy, and talk to us like we are seven. We never have homework, and we NEVER write more than a page. Welcome to the sixth grade imitation, where we learn how to write five paragraph essays and watch movies about fat and calories. 

















BUT! Change is good. (:

      At home, I have no little siblings. No one in the house looks up to baby Brittani. No one does something dumb because 'Well, Britt did it first' or anything along those lines.
      In two weeks, I am going to be a mentor for a little girl who sadly is the child of two individuals who are incarcerated. so sad, but such a wonderful opportunity. Maybe she will be like my little sister, and maybe she will look up to me and I could teach her. (: SO very excited.


Maybe we will be like this!



















Or this (:


I am so anxious.
I feel like this could be my chance to possibly make a difference in her life.
I have hopes for her to not become like her parents. (and I haven't even met her yet!)
But I am sure it is going to be a great year with her. (:







AND, change is good. (:

So pretty much, I believe that is all i have to say for today. Things are going good. Got a new bike to get to class with. Have a new work out goal. Have a new good set of friends. And lastly, I love my roommate Jessica.
That's all for now, Hope to have you back tomorrow.

Fun fact: When George W. Bush was 30 years old, he was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol.


C'est la vie
Ciao for now <3





No comments:

Post a Comment